Help - Cant figure out why airbag warning light is on.. - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to mxfly
(Thread Starter)
Hey everyone,

I just reinstalled the oem leather seats and made sure all the connectors are plugged back in (3 of them under each seat, 1 for airbag, 1 for electronics and 1 for seat belt). But when i startup the car, the airbag light blinks and doesnt piss off.

I dont get it, i cant figure out what im doing wrong.

Do i need to reset the ecu? I've gone through the Wiki and cant find any info.

thanks

Euge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 09:10 AM
V35
Base Member

it might be a simple error code which you might have to go down to nissan dealer to get them to check and reset it

http://users.tpg.com.au/tenby/v35sig.jpg
2004 Nissan 350GT Skyline CPV35 6MT Premium
#3 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
QUOTE (mxfly @ Oct 7 2008, 06:59 AM)
Quote:
Hey everyone,

I just reinstalled the oem leather seats and made sure all the connectors are plugged back in (3 of them under each seat, 1 for airbag, 1 for electronics and 1 for seat belt). But when i startup the car, the airbag light blinks and doesnt piss off.

I dont get it, i cant figure out what im doing wrong.

Do i need to reset the ecu? I've gone through the Wiki and cant find any info.

thanks

Euge
Did you disconnect the battery before removing the seats? The service manual recommends disconnecting the battery cables and waiting 3 minutes before doing any work on the airbag system. Not disconnecting the battery may have triggered the error.

Here is a link to the airbag light reset procedure on this web site (Link). Try it. If your airbag light goes off and stays off, it's probably OK. If not, you might want to see a dealer. Note that some folks have had to try the procedure more than once to get the light to stay off.

Karl
2005 Enthusiast 6MT
#4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to i8acobra
If you disconnect any of the airbags (or remove the gauge cluster) without disconnecting the battery, the airbag code will be set and the light will come on. As far as I know, this must be reset by the dealer. There might be a way for you to reset the ECU, but I don't know how. You can't turn off the light by just disconnecting the battery or clearing the codes with a scanner.

QUOTE (karlh @ Oct 7 2008, 05:11 AM)
Quote:
Here is a link to the airbag light reset procedure on this web site (Link). Try it. If your airbag light goes off and stays off, it's probably OK. If not, you might want to see a dealer. Note that some folks have had to try the procedure more than once to get the light to stay off.
I don't know why that's labeled "air-bag reset". That's not the airbag reset procedure. That's how you put the car into diagnostic mode. Read step #2...

"Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, the turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off. "

Obviously, if the airbag code is set, the light isn't going to turn off after 7 seconds. The light stays on.

Aaron B.
'08 Mustang GT/CS
'87 Nissan Hardbody - The "Mud Mobile" (454,000 miles and still counting)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement