how do I change the halogen headlight bulb - Nissan 350Z Forum : 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2007, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

hey everyone.

I got some narva plus 50 halogen globes today, and went to swap them out. But I cant seem to work out how to get access to the light to replace the bulb.

I checked the user manual and it said it can be done from the engine bay... i cant see how
I checked the tutorials here and looked at the HID replacement and it said to take off the wheel and come in from underneath, I dont want to take off the wheel to change a bulb.

am I missing something obvious?
gEoFfStEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Performance Member

I know in the 03 model you have to take the wheel off and go through the back door, I'm sure the new ones would be the same.

As always

H
harryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Grand Touring Member

You take the wheel off, take off the front fenter well, and there's a little door that unscrews to give you full access tot he inside of the light. You then just pop open the wire things and the lights come right out.
Very simple.
Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Base Member

maybe i can just turn the wheel enough to get in there

i'll give it a try
Old 05-17-2007, 07:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
maybe i can just turn the wheel enough to get in there

i'll give it a try
I've done that, but it's a pain in the A$$!!!...especially if you don't know exactly what you're looking for. You can take the wheel off in less than 2 minutes, save yourself the trouble...
Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to scathing Send a message via MSN to scathing

The service manual is wrong. So very, very wrong. You'd have to be Mr Fantastic or the T1000 to get at the globe from the engine bay.

As people have said:

Jack the car up
Drop the wheel
Take out the clips on the front half of the inner guard lining

and there's a round lid thingy that you turn to get access to the back of the headlamp array.

You can do it with the wheel on, but without a hoist its far easier with it off.

Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front wheel.
Oversteer is when you hit it with the back.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the tree...
Torque is how far you drag it...
scathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Base Member

hey I did it,

managed to change them without taking the wheel off, wasn't too hard, just a bit fiddly,

lights are brighter, not massively brighter but i guess better than the standard ones

i noticed that the inside of the front tyres are wearing more than the rest, any idea what that is caused by?

Old 05-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
hey I did it,
managed to change them without taking the wheel off, wasn't too hard, just a bit fiddly,
i noticed that the inside of the front tyres are wearing more than the rest, any idea what that is caused by?
Hehe...you were just so determined not to have to take the wheel off.

I believe front tire wear is common in the 2003 to 2005 models. There are different types of wear. Below is a link to one of the recent threads that just happen to be the same year as yours. There's more threads out there on this site.

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...c=29061&hl=

My .0256 cents:
I think the dealer is probably going to screw you. Still, I'd check to see if they'd fix it. If not, just go to a reputable tire alignment place and buy a 4-wheel-alignment where you pay once and it's good for a year or longer. Meaning, you can come back like every 4 to 6 months (or if you think you hit something) to have the alignment checked/fixed without having to pay again. If they have the latest equipment, they can do the job in less than 25 minutes. I actually bought a 3 year since freakin' potholes on the road seem to be attracted to my Z.

black z eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement