Older 350z, but low miles... good idea? - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Older 350z, but low miles... good idea?

Hey everybody! I have been doing some trolling and reading online, but figured I'd post up and hope I don't get too trolled by the regulars. I have been trying to find a recent thread in my exact scenario, but couldn't really find it so I figured I'd post.

I am looking to buy a new car within the next week. Looking for a 2 door coupe, convertible optional. Been looking at a Boxster, 350z, Honda S2000, Saturn Sky Redline, and Mini Cooper S. I've read online that 350Z repairs aren't horrible, as they use similar Nissan parts as the main consumer models, is this true??

The few z's that I am looking at locally have between 35,000-50,000 miles and are between 2006-2008. So they are "old" but have really low miles. What is the trade off; is it fine if the car is old but low mileage? Should I expect to have many issues with a 2006 with 40,000 miles?

Much appreciated! Look forward to posting more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't see a problem with getting an older Z? Most people prefer Hr's , but if you were able to get a deal on a DE there shouldn't be a problem. I have a 2004 and it has 125,xxx miles and is still running strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Base Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I recently bought a 06 350z manual with 60k. Has electronic issue as usual. If a z is going to have issues they'll pop up regardless of milage, mostly depends on how bad the previous owner abused it. 07 and newer are less likely to have issues but who knows, it's hard not launching out of 1st and making the tires chirp at 2nd and 3rd gear shifts sometimes ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
Sponsored Links
Advertisement