LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
03 amp replace with aftermarket

Gents,

I've seen spotty info and differing opinion with respect to stock bose amps in this car. My amp is toast, and my HU cd function was shit so I've replaced the radio with kenwood. They sent what looks to be some sort of gain adjust module, which I neglected to install as a shop I called said it wasn't necessary. That said, I've got, when faded to rear, one speaker working, with almost no volume. Additionally, I cannot find one diagram online that indicated a color code schematic for what wires do what so that I can splice in the amp I just bought. This is a clear can of effing worms I've opened, and I'm no car stereo guru, and I understand this is no walk in the park because of the way the Z sound system is set up. So my question is this.........do I need the gain adjuster, or is the fact that I'm getting almost no sound to the rear because I have no amp? Also, how do I find out how to wire in this kenwood amp off the stock amp harness? I basically cut the factory harness off the OEM amp, would like to plug back into the car one the harness side, and splice into the new amp on the other side. Thanks for any and all insight, as the stereo in this car sounds like garbage for a while now and I'd like to get it functioning properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Touring Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Welcome Beau- and while I'm no stereo guru either, the BOSE system in the Z33 is a difficult one to work with. The speakers run on a different amperage, so simply wiring in a new amp may not provide any power. For more direct answers, I'd start by downloading a copy of the 350Z FSM through a search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement