Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

How do you pay for your mods?

How do you pay for your mods?

26K views 78 replies 60 participants last post by  prairie 
#1 ·
So ladies and gents, I'm curious how do you pay for your poison? To make the polling more accurate, here is each choice more clearly defined.

CASH: You save up the money for your mods and purchase them outright, either with cash or check. Once the purchase is made, you do not owe any more money. If you use a credit card (to order something off the internet for example) and pay the bill off completely at the end of the month, then choose cash.

CREDIT: You purchase your mods using a credit card and pay the balance off over time.

LOAN: You borrow the money from a lending institution (bank), friends or family.

Thanks
Ronin Z

#5 ·
I use my credit card for everything just to rack up more points for free stuff at Home Depot. I voted "cash" because I pay off the card every month.

#74 ·
Ditto, but for my united miles lol

#7 ·
I tried whoring my body out for mods, but after it took nearly 4 years to save up enough for an intake... I've since reverted to more conventional means.

Ronin Z

#10 ·
I have excellent credit so I used a Credit Card that had 0% interest for 18 months to do many of my mods. Its almost paid off and have'nt paid a dime in interest. The Z is almost paid off as well. :cheers:

Edit: Anyone lurking on here looking to info to steal identities, you are wasting your time with me cause I am freezing my credit as I am typing this. NO BS

Man, it F'ing sucks thinking about some Low life SCUM of the earth spending on others credit. What the **** is wrong with people

#11 ·
I have excellent credit so I used a Credit Card that had 0% interest for 18 months to do many of my mods. Its almost paid off and have'nt paid a dime in interest. The Z is almost paid off as well. :cheers:

BTW what credit card is that? I have great credit too and that sounds amazing!

As for my mods, I turn to Randy Moss's line of thinking "straight cash, homey"

#13 ·
I tried whoring my body out for mods, but after it took nearly 4 years to save up enough for an intake... I've since reverted to more conventional means.

Ronin Z
LOL! Yeah it's funny when guys joke about being a gigolo i think the nation is originally that you would go around sleeping with semi hot frustrated house wives. I think the reality though is the majority of your clients would either be fat ugly chicks or fat ugly dudes.

#16 ·
BTW what credit card is that? I have great credit too and that sounds amazing!
As for my mods, I turn to Randy Moss's line of thinking "straight cash, homey"

Discover, they probably still have a promo going on- not sure if it is still 18 months. But I am not BS'ing it was 18 months for me.

#17 ·
Now that I don't have to pay child support any more.............I use that money...well part of it......

**** woman...The way i see it is I was paying for my half and thru child support paying for her half....now she is paying for her half and i pay my own half....and instead of dropping off AND picking up my daughter I MAKE her pick her up when it is her turn to see her, and then i pick my daughter up when it's time for her to come home, this way i save on gas also!!!! and wear and tear on the Z!

Life is GREAT!

#18 ·
**** Danimal, sounds like you'd have been better off finding a woman you hate and giving her a house.. lol

Anyways, I'm a cash only guy. Basically, a credit card for me is used for two things - Buying **** over the internet, and buying food/stuff while traveling (takes care of conversion rates and I don't end up with a ton of Rand or Euros or Loons that I can't do anything with..) I don't buy anything I can't afford. Using this strategy actually allows me to afford more stuff in the long run. I can't stand people who are quick to swipe the card on **** they don't need, and end up deep in debt and cry how poor they are. STOP spending other people's money.

#20 ·
The results are interesting...

So far the responses don't quite reflect the reality that I have experienced from talking to people in real life. I guess the Z community is a fiscally responsible bunch.

Ronin Z

#21 ·
I don't have "mod" money....two in college, four car payments, etc. ;) I will though at some point....eventually my money will be mine. I see a light at the end of the tunnel (I hope anyway, but I bet it never ends).

#22 ·
Discover, they probably still have a promo going on- not sure if it is still 18 months. But I am not BS'ing it was 18 months for me.
Yep, it's Discover. My wife just got one.

**** Danimal, sounds like you'd have been better off finding a woman you hate and giving her a house.. lol
Anyways, I'm a cash only guy. Basically, a credit card for me is used for two things - Buying **** over the internet, and buying food/stuff while traveling (takes care of conversion rates and I don't end up with a ton of Rand or Euros or Loons that I can't do anything with..) I don't buy anything I can't afford. Using this strategy actually allows me to afford more stuff in the long run. I can't stand people who are quick to swipe the card on **** they don't need, and end up deep in debt and cry how poor they are. STOP spending other people's money.
You New Yorkers are smarter than I thought. :poke:

The results are interesting...

So far the responses don't quite reflect the reality that I have experienced from talking to people in real life. I guess the Z community is a fiscally responsible bunch.

Ronin Z
I wouldn't go that far. I've contemplated selling body parts for bodykits.

#24 ·
^^"how the **** someone could mod a car they don't own" ? simple by turning a wrench. Why someone would mod a car they dont own? Maybe their payment is only $215 a month and they only owe around 4k and its no big deal to pay a very small amount of interest on that amount to have some fun. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.