How do you pay for your mods? - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
View Poll Results: How do you pay for your mods?
Cash 159 69.13%
Credit 25 10.87%
Loan 0 0%
Other (please specify) 10 4.35%
A Combination of Some or ALL of the Above. 36 15.65%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have "mod" money....two in college, four car payments, etc. ;) I will though at some point....eventually my money will be mine. I see a light at the end of the tunnel (I hope anyway, but I bet it never ends).

"I'm Shiva the God of Death.", Michael Clayton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Discover, they probably still have a promo going on- not sure if it is still 18 months. But I am not BS'ing it was 18 months for me.
Yep, it's Discover. My wife just got one.

Quote:
Damn Danimal, sounds like you'd have been better off finding a woman you hate and giving her a house.. lol
Anyways, I'm a cash only guy. Basically, a credit card for me is used for two things - Buying shit over the internet, and buying food/stuff while traveling (takes care of conversion rates and I don't end up with a ton of Rand or Euros or Loons that I can't do anything with..) I don't buy anything I can't afford. Using this strategy actually allows me to afford more stuff in the long run. I can't stand people who are quick to swipe the card on shit they don't need, and end up deep in debt and cry how poor they are. STOP spending other people's money.
You New Yorkers are smarter than I thought.

Quote:
The results are interesting...

So far the responses don't quite reflect the reality that I have experienced from talking to people in real life. I guess the Z community is a fiscally responsible bunch.

Ronin Z
I wouldn't go that far. I've contemplated selling body parts for bodykits.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #23 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 03:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to jetpilot718
John hit the nail on the head. How the hell someone could mod a car that they don't own is beyond me.
post #24 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Touring Member

^^"how the hell someone could mod a car they don't own" ? simple by turning a wrench. Why someone would mod a car they dont own? Maybe their payment is only $215 a month and they only owe around 4k and its no big deal to pay a very small amount of interest on that amount to have some fun.

<div align="center">My Garage
<div align="center">
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<div align="center">
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 10:35 PM
blue660r01

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
John hit the nail on the head. How the hell someone could mod a car that they don't own is beyond me.
Are you being serious or a dick I cant tell

post #26 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Touring Member

I figure out the bills for next month and if I see I have enough cash, I will purchase whatever. It doesn't help tho that I want the more expensive things. I only use credit cards on emergency; thankfully nothing major has happened yet.
post #27 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Base Member

Send a message via Yahoo to possumcola
cash, I believe if your really want somthing its worth the wait. besides i have enough medical bills, plan to burn them for warmth this winter while saving for FI.. almost there yes!!!

Im all jacked up on mountain dew
post #28 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Touring Member

Im just curious, For all that voted cash for mods-- did you wait till you had enough cash to pay for the Z outright ???

Nevermind, I'll shut up already i'm kicking a dead horse. You guys are right paying interest on credit cards is rediculous. But if a credit company offers EVEN money for a prolonged period, I say go for it if you are responsible enough to pay it off in full before interst kicks in. In my case it was 6500 0% for 18months, so I maxed that b**** out and paid it off before any interest. I am 27 and have paid less than $100 in interest ever to a credit card, just be responsible guys and gals.

<div align="center">

<div align="center">
post #29 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Im just curious, For all that voted cash for mods-- did you wait till you had enough cash to pay for the Z outright ???

Nevermind, I'll shut up already i'm kicking a dead horse. You guys are right paying interest on credit cards is rediculous. But if a credit company offers EVEN money for a prolonged period, I say go for it if you are responsible enough to pay it off in full before interst kicks in. In my case it was 6500 0% for 18months, so I maxed that b**** out and paid it off before any interest. I am 27 and have paid less than $100 in interest ever to a credit card, just be responsible guys and gals.
Yeah, write a letter and tell that to your representative, and senator to. They need to hear it just as much as the average citizen does.
post #30 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Touring Member

^^I just did'nt want to give the wrong impression to the younger Z peeps thats all.

<div align="center">

<div align="center">
Sponsored Links
Advertisement