Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

How do you pay for your mods?

How do you pay for your mods?

26K views 78 replies 60 participants last post by  prairie 
#1 ·
So ladies and gents, I'm curious how do you pay for your poison? To make the polling more accurate, here is each choice more clearly defined.

CASH: You save up the money for your mods and purchase them outright, either with cash or check. Once the purchase is made, you do not owe any more money. If you use a credit card (to order something off the internet for example) and pay the bill off completely at the end of the month, then choose cash.

CREDIT: You purchase your mods using a credit card and pay the balance off over time.

LOAN: You borrow the money from a lending institution (bank), friends or family.

Thanks
Ronin Z

#55 ·
When I was still active duty I'd use cash and/or credit. Sometimes I'd find an awesome sale/deal and use the credit card and pay it off. But when I did have the cash I would. Now when I took this contract job and started my JWT build everything was cash unless it was purchase over the net. I refuse to use my debit card over the net while in Kuwait. I've had my checking acct hacked into once and living w/o a debit card sucks!!!

#57 ·
QUOTE (Robert_K @ Jun 7 2008, 07:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534002
When I was still active duty I'd use cash and/or credit. Sometimes I'd find an awesome sale/deal and use the credit card and pay it off. But when I did have the cash I would. Now when I took this contract job and started my JWT build everything was cash unless it was purchase over the net. I refuse to use my debit card over the net while in Kuwait. I've had my checking acct hacked into once and living w/o a debit card sucks!!!
I was at the Kuwait International Airport and wanted some cash to spend at the Food Mall there .. specifically the Cinnabon outlet. Anyhoo .. I go to a ATM/Bank machine and insert my card. After all .. among the list of cards accepted is my Vista. I go to punch in my pin .. and . . uh-oh. I don't remember my pin number off the top of my head but instead .. it spells out a word. Normally .. ATM machines in the US have the same Letter/Number arrangement as your telephone. Simple. Punch in the remembered word. Not so in Kuwait. Ha. I luckily, one of the guys had a cell phone and saved me. Too funny. Intersting .. We call our numbers 'Arabic numbers'. I can see where we got the 1,2,3 and 9 (the 2,3 are simply rotated left 90°) .. and the 6 became our 7.. curious how we got the others. Their 4,5,7 and 8 obviously look like our E,V,O and A. I suppose somewhere . someone substituted characters that worked.

#63 ·
a little bit of everything. Cash, credit, whatevs.... I have spotless credit and I make good $$ so I'll buy something if I like it, and if my gf wants to buy me something when we are out looking, I don't mind her treating for a mod now and again... It's all good as long as you are still happy with your purchase 90 days after you bought it... It's not the man with the best toys when he dies that wins, it's the man with the best stories!

And I'm buying that twin turbo 1200 HP kit for a winter project. Hello crazy Boost!

#72 ·
I've often considered participating in illegal activities because I want a turbo kit THAT badly... I've put things on credit cards... but it was during a time where I was interest free for a year so its ok........ ... .... I'm 25 so I can barely afford the payments for my beloved Z since I dont live at home. I'm not mechanically inclined (not because I dont want to be just never had to opportunity to become) so lately I've been forcing myself to do service ****.. oil change, clean maf throttle body, Ive been experimenting with body work as well just to get accustomed to wrenching on stuff.. getting to know the car ect..

Right off the bat if you do your own mods youre saving 50% .. I've also decided to go back to school because if you do THAT and get a good job you can afford all the mods you want. !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.