Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy How to turn off airbag light ??

I have a 350z 2004 and i have i need help

Airbag light

I have replaced my passenger seat belt and the airbag light started
blinking

I have take the car to the local shop to check it by computer scanner but

he got that there are NO CODS AND NO ERRORS!! so he reset the airbag light and it became off

BUT it's coming back again after few hours without a
reason!!

Also I've tried the 7 seconds method (switching of and on) and same thing happened!!

The light is becoming off but blinking again after few hours

WHAT TO DO?????

Last edited by blue262; 06-15-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Regarding the Air Bag light -

If you local shop wasn't a Nissan dealer they probably only checked for engine faults. SRS (supplemental restraint system) faults are stored in a different unit.

A continuously blinking air bag light indicates a system fault. A common problem is not disconnecting the battery and waiting several minutes for the units to discharge before working on the system.

To further diagnose the problem, download the service manual for your model year from the wiki. Open the srs.pdf section and start with Diagnostic Procedure 6 on page SRS-33. By placing the system in the Diagnosis Mode you can determine which unit is malfunctioning and clear the codes.
#3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlh View Post
Regarding the Air Bag light -

If you local shop wasn't a Nissan dealer they probably only checked for engine faults. SRS (supplemental restraint system) faults are stored in a different unit.

A continuously blinking air bag light indicates a system fault. A common problem is not disconnecting the battery and waiting several minutes for the units to discharge before working on the system.

To further diagnose the problem, download the service manual for your model year from the wiki. Open the srs.pdf section and start with Diagnostic Procedure 6 on page SRS-33. By placing the system in the Diagnosis Mode you can determine which unit is malfunctioning and clear the codes.
I bought the car before one year and the passenger seat belt was removed and air bag light was blinking

when I toke the car to the local shop for the computer chech they coldn't switch off the light because the error was that (Passenger seat belt removed)

so,,
last week I've installed brand new seat belt, making sure about the pre-tension sensor fixed properly

then the local shop checked again by computer and the error was gon and the light becam off after reseting

The problem is that the airbag light after some time is blinking again but this time no errors are showing!!!

I've tried this method too

it's working and the light shutdown but it's blinking again after few hours!!
#4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
I will check the service manual and I'll see
#5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The You Tube procedure simply clears any codes, but it doesn't tell you what codes were present. A better procedure is to find out what codes are present before clearing them. Instead of turning the key off the fourth time, leave it on. A different blink pattern will appear and tell you which unit or units the diagnostic unit thinks are at fault. These patterns are shown in the Service Manual beginning on page SRS-34. If the code indicates the passenger seat belt, maybe something was done improperly during the installation. If the code indicates some other component, I suggest you have your dealer look at it. You really don't know how the system will respond in an accident.
#6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 11:14 AM

Under the passengers seat, There's probably a loose harness. One connects to your seatbelt female and the other connects to the weight sensor in the seat. Check those. I would know, because my light is on all the time lol. My racing seats have no airbag weight sensor.

2007 Carbon Silver Enthusiast AT- Nismo / Rays / Cusco / Stillen / Borla / Bride GIAS Low Max / Unorthodox Racing / Cobb / Seibon / Eibach /Alpine
296 rwhp 270 rwtq tuned by DynoComp...

2005 BMW Jet Black M3 SMG (Stock)
2003 Porsche Guards Red 911 Carrera 6 Speed (Stock)
2008 Toyota Nautical Blue Tundra Crew Max 5.7L V8 (Traded)
#7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlh View Post
The You Tube procedure simply clears any codes, but it doesn't tell you what codes were present. A better procedure is to find out what codes are present before clearing them. Instead of turning the key off the fourth time, leave it on. A different blink pattern will appear and tell you which unit or units the diagnostic unit thinks are at fault. These patterns are shown in the Service Manual beginning on page SRS-34. If the code indicates the passenger seat belt, maybe something was done improperly during the installation. If the code indicates some other component, I suggest you have your dealer look at it. You really don't know how the system will respond in an accident.
I've made the reset now and I'll wait, if it blinks again I'll try the diagnostic mode

thank you

Last edited by blue262; 06-15-2010 at 02:29 PM.
#8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirs350Z View Post
Under the passengers seat, There's probably a loose harness. One connects to your seatbelt female and the other connects to the weight sensor in the seat. Check those. I would know, because my light is on all the time lol. My racing seats have no airbag weight sensor.

Those in the bottom pic??

I've checked them and they are already fixed!!

anyways I"ve made the reset earlier and still it's not blinking

if it started blinking I'll use the diagnostic mode and I'll try to fuiger out the flashing code

I'll let you guys know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20100615742.jpg
Views:	1657
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	45145  

Last edited by blue262; 06-15-2010 at 02:34 PM.
#9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Grand Touring Member

Electric tape

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...45811_8128.jpg
Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
#10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy View Post
Electric tape
factory electric tape!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement