RevUp Dyno Charts... - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum : 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2007, 11:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to Skrilla Send a message via Yahoo to Skrilla

Quote:
No, but the S vs. Z debate is really interesting to me...
..(This is why a stock S2000 AP1 car with 200whp and PATHETIC tq will walk a stock 5.0 mustang with 200whp and AWESOME tq. THey have the same hp but the S weights 2-300# less. better hp/weight. tq/weight doesnt to CRAP for the 5.0 as you can see from both car's track times. THIS IS ASSUMING THE S OWNER CAN DRIVE!!!).
1st TQ is the master of acceleration. HP is a representation of how well the TQ performs through the revs. 2nd the TQ ability to perform late in the powerband with a proper gear spread is what determines its speed and acceleration. Late TQ production is how the high HP count is made from small displacements, it's TQ multiplication over engine speed, if the TQ falls off early then you would make big TQ with low HP.

Also did you ever wonder why Honda INCREASED displacement in the last couple years of it's production? Having the TQ makes it easier to drive without winding out the engine and gears.
Also the last mustang 5.0 weighed in at 3276lbs and made 215P and 285lbs TQ, and has 441 more lbs of weight with a 5 speed manual. Hardly a level playing field as the mustang pushrod ran out of steam while the DOHC motor started making power. The "mighty" sk2 still only gets 25 hwy mpg, which equals the same as that V8 mustang
Quote:
Those numbers look like S2000 numbers. Whats up? I would think the Z would respond a HAIR better having larger displacement. I was looking on S2ki last night and a guy with Invidia exhaust, Berk TP, and a K&N layed down 233whp on a dynojet.
LOL..um...the Z is able to accomplish it better. Able to apply more traction, makes more power, more TQ, is faster, the list goes on. Obviously a Z owner can afford an S2000, but I guess you proved the point I'm making when you wrote the following:
Quote:
And on the S2K forums there are posts saying this about 350Z's. Both sides think they are right. Me? I think its a driver's race although the fastest S2K ran a 13.7 and the fastest Z that I have heard about ran something like a 13.5 so I guess TECHNICALLY the Z could be called quicker.
that wouldn't mean technically, that would mean it is faster...ya know.

refugee #19
Skrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2007, 11:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Base Member

Found some rev up dyno's.

The mods he (ML2000 on my350z) has are : HKS // JWT // Crawford //TurboXS + tune

I don't think he had a baseline but here's the dyno:

Old 02-01-2007, 12:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
Base Member

Also another chart here (thawk408 on my350z):

Green = stock
Red = JWT, plenun, headers, highflow cats, exhaust
Blue = Mods listed in paragraph (swapped highflows for testpipes)

Old 02-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Base Member

Yet another one:

This is from (rwalton1129 on my350z):

Three charts to compare for you guys. I actually want to see more HR dynos...

Old 02-01-2007, 12:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Base Member

Just for reference, here are some comparisons (done by Hydrazine):

There's a thread with these same exact charts, I just copied and pasted. The HR numbers are stronger than the rev up but there's a pretty big difference between the 287's. Well, decide for yourself:

First, is the HR on a G35 AT vs. Non - revup G35 AT:

Second, is the same HR vs. a G35 rev up MT:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement