LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Strange Fuel Pump Issues

I have a strange issue with the fuel pump, it seems to have started after the car was not use for around 4 months. I've gone for a drive and top up with fresh 98 fuel (the tank was down to 1/4 full) then set off. After about 1/2 an hour the fuel pump started to become loud and the longer I drove the louder it became, I've pulled over and turned off the car, checked the engine all look good, started the car, pump back to normal drove on, after a while the noise came back again (loud pump whine which gets louder the longer you drive without shutting off the engine and restarting), this continued all the way back to home turning the engine off at the lights etc.

The car is a 2003 VQ35DE motor fitted with the APS Twin Turbo setup putting down 300kw at the wheels, now this setup has been on the car for 10yrs with no issues until now it's fitted with a Walbro 255 Pump with the fuel basket modified by APS for the increased flow.

I've replace the pump with a new identical one a few days ago but the problem is still there, drive for awhile and the pump starts getting loud and louder, stop the engine and restart all back to normal, fuel pressure is good, I've checked for fuel leaks and found none.

I'm not sure were else to look any ideas guys.

David

DAVID

Totally, Fully Sick DB M6 Track TT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement