User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rear wheel bearing replacement

Hello, I have one rear wheel bearing to replace on a 2007 350z nismo edition. My haynes manual says that depending on the year of the car, it may be difficult to do on your own if the bearing assembly does not come with the hub and you have to press-fit the new bearing into the old wheel hub.

My question is, is that the case on a 2007 350z? Or does the replacement part comes with the wheel hub and its a DIY thing.

Thx alot for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Grand Touring Member

Plenty of people on here have done it as a DIY project. Unfortunately, I don't have any specifics on the process but there is hope that you won't have to take it to the stealership!

P.S. Welcome to Tech!

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
#3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Grand Touring Member

I just did one on the front, but I presume it is similar. I bought a whole new OEM hub for pretty cheap, and just did that. If you buy only the bearing, you'll have to have the new one pressed in. I don't know how you get the old one out, I guess you press that out. That is not the type of thing you want to do in the driveway with a hammer though...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...45811_8128.jpg
Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
#4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Grand Touring Member

I think once you have it off, it's a two minute job for a shop to press out the old one and press in the new one. Just make sure you have another car handy to run it to the shop.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
#5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:42 PM

(Thread Starter)
Thx alot for the answers. Yeah I have another car so I might just do that.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 08:37 AM

(Thread Starter)
Just to let you guys know. The front wheel hub comes with the bearing but not the back one. So you HAVE to buy the bearing and press fit it into your wheel hub. A new back wheel hub does not come with the bearing already installed in it for the 2007 models at least.

So yeah, not an easy DIY thing to do. I will probably go to my local garage :(
#7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Base Member

There's plenty of info on DIYing this mate I had done it myself it's all about prep. It should only take you 3hrs max.. Just make sure u got a breaker bar and a deep 32mm socket.. I snapped my breaker bar trying to get that bolt off lol that is why the bearing wore out ( overtightened )
#8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 10:15 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaS View Post
There's plenty of info on DIYing this mate I had done it myself it's all about prep. It should only take you 3hrs max.. Just make sure u got a breaker bar and a deep 32mm socket.. I snapped my breaker bar trying to get that bolt off lol that is why the bearing wore out ( overtightened )
I managed to pull the hub out but I'm not sure I have the tool to pull the wheel hub out of the bearing hub...any link on how to do this?
#9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Base Member

Well I actually replaced both the bearing and the hub. If u have a slide hammer and a vice clamp down the hub and bit by bit hammer out the bearing using the slide hammer. Lube up the rod point of the hub to make it easier.
If worse comes to worse mate take it to a mechanic and while ur there get them to press the new bearing.. It will lighten things up for u that way..
#10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 02:15 AM

I just posted a few videos detailing how to separate the hub from the bearing and how to install a new bearing back onto the hub.

Rear wheel bearing removal from hub
Rear wheel bearing installation onto hub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement