Check Engine Light On - Can I reset this?! - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ok, so I had the sensor cable unhooked near the air filter box and I had to start the car. Of course it messed things up and now the check engine light is on... Can I reset this without getting a dealer to hook up a code reader?!

CK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:34 AM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to silvermax
QUOTE (voodoo_ca @ Apr 26 2008, 03:29 AM)
Quote:
Ok, so I had the sensor cable unhooked near the air filter box and I had to start the car. Of course it messed things up and now the check engine light is on... Can I reset this without getting a dealer to hook up a code reader?!

CK
did that when i put on my exhasut and a couple pf other times once it worked. Diconnect the negative ground on ur battery 3 min reset then reconnect and start ur car oh MAKE SURE ur windows are up trust me. If that doesn't work then yeah go to a local shop not nissan and have then flash it for u. For free hopefully.

Chrome APS tallboy plenum, JWT pop, skunk throttle, UR stock dia pulleys, Z grounding, ACT stage clutch, JWT l/w fly, APS 2.5 true dual,MSA type7 fasia, Nitto NT555, JLaudio stealth, Stern 19" Osiris tune.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Grand Touring Member

#4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (westpak @ Apr 25 2008, 10:54 PM) Ok, so following that ECU procedure will reset the check engine light?

Interesting.

Thanks guys!

CK
#5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Base Member

Is this to clear codes from the ECU's memory as well? As in for good, they were never there? Stealership will have no clue??

I'm under the impression that if you use a scanner tool from like Advanced autoparts, and go to delete the codes, this should delete them just like this proceedure does. This proceedure is just the "MANUAL" way of doing this. I did this once with the scanner tool and it got rid of one code for me(P1430) but there was still another code that was left on b/c the problem had not been fixed like a P2A00 code for bank 1 sensor 1 range/performance - Crack by exhaust and leaking around 02 bung is the problem. There was a pending on the P2A00 code probably from when I tried to clear it the first time so now the print out from Advanced Auto shows 2 of the same codes.

- 2006 350Z Track, Dayton Blue, JWT intake. Gunning for 3100lb 1/2tank weight and 280whp NA.
- used to HPDE a 95 Civic w/ 210whp K20A2 6spd at 2480lbs w/driver & full tank
#6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
i did that when i installed my JWT popcharger. i plugged it back in and it reset itself

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement