LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 02:58 AM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow

so my passenger side window wont stay up after you roll it up. it acts like it is hitting something and then goes halfway down. if you hold the button until you hear a click, it will stay up. what sucks is when you open the door, it dosnt roll down. so when you close the door, it slams into the roof. i called the dealer and they told me it wasnt covered under warranty since "it wasnt a repair, it was something they could adjust." has anybody had this problem? the dealer told me i could fix it myself by resetting the motor. had anybody done that before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

The dealer is being lazy and lying to you.

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/TSB_04-040_...When_Door_Opens

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
#3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:11 AM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
so how do i handle this? do i just walk in, tell them the tsb number and see what happens?
#4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:20 AM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
i think i might print it out and take it in with me.
#5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

That's one way of doing it. When mine acted up, I called the closest dealer and they worked me into their schedule after ordering the window motor. I believe it took them 1.5 hours to complete the work.

What year is your Z, and is that the same dealership you bought the car from? Might have to 'complain' about their customer service to NNA.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
#6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:35 AM
Grand Touring Member

It happened to my '04 and my dealer took care of it as well.
#7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
i have an 03 enthusiast with the extended silver plus service plan. i didnt buy the car from them. this is the second time they have tried to screw me. that same window was making a grinding sound and they said "as long as it works, we cant fix it." i called another dealer 30 minutes away and they replaced the motor and regulator cause the regulator was bad and was burning the motor up. i called that dealer too and they said the same thing about "adjustment, not repair." how do i go about complaining?
#8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 04:59 AM

That's like going to the doctor for a dose of the clap and him telling you that he can't fix it as long as it still works. I'd start by naming names so others are cautious when dealing with this dealership. I'd read your warranty, then talk to the manager first explaining that you're giving them a last chance to fix it before going to the better business bureau, the state's attorney general that deals with fraud, and Nissan of America that seems to be very sensitive these days on how the dealers are treating customers. Don't worry if the dealer gets upset. If they treat you like that, you shouldn't be going to them.

'06 Touring coupe, mt
#9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
i went back because they fired the old service manager and i figured i'd see how the new guy is. the dealership is giant auto group in ashland, ky. it used to be sim fryson and thats what most people still know it as.
#10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 05:11 AM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Angry

Quote:
That's like going to the doctor for a dose of the clap and him telling you that he can't fix it as long as it still works. I'd start by naming names so others are cautious when dealing with this dealership. I'd read your warranty, then talk to the manager first explaining that you're giving them a last chance to fix it before going to the better business bureau, the state's attorney general that deals with fraud, and Nissan of America that seems to be very sensitive these days on how the dealers are treating customers. Don't worry if the dealer gets upset. If they treat you like that, you shouldn't be going to them.
i dont think i'd ever want a dose of the clap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement