User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Enthusiast Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ok i got about 2800 miles on my Z i just checked my oil and its fine but when i wiped it off with the paper towel it had some grey color to it. Is that just the shavings and stuff from the breakin and the new motor? I was thinkin bout goin to get my oil changed now and when you get your oil changed does anywhere around you carry royal purple? Ive called a few places and none of them carry it. Not that i am lazy id rather just get it done then do it myself though. Anybody else have this in there oil the first time you checked it i broke it in fine never went above 4k and just like the manual said i hope this isnt something bad?

id rather not use mobil 1 cause of the oil consumption problem.

06 touring silver alloy 6mt. 15%tint all around, jwt popcharger, jl audio 500/1 amp, jl w6v2 10", understrut box, pioneer deh-p7800mp,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Performance Member

Most people would recommend you wait on switching to syn. oil until after you have had a few more miles on the car. I think many go by the 3rd oil change rule. Some say 10K miles, and some say 0 miles.

Not sure on the hole thing personally, however some people are specualating that the 06 oil consumption could be linked to syn. oil. I have my doubts but more info would be nice on the subject. If you change your oil often (3K miles) then syn. oil is also not needed.

As for the oil color. If you have not had an oil change in your car yet, then a grey color is probably normal for almost 3k miles on it. I changed my oil after the first 1000 miles just to be anal.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
ok cool thanks man i think ill go get it changed with just reg. oil then.

06 touring silver alloy 6mt. 15%tint all around, jwt popcharger, jl audio 500/1 amp, jl w6v2 10", understrut box, pioneer deh-p7800mp,
#4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to etraxx Send a message via Yahoo to etraxx
Quote:
Ok i got about 2800 miles on my Z i just checked my oil and its fine but when i wiped it off with the paper towel it had some grey color to it. Is that just the shavings and stuff from the breakin and the new motor? I was thinkin bout goin to get my oil changed now and when you get your oil changed does anywhere around you carry royal purple? Ive called a few places and none of them carry it. Not that i am lazy id rather just get it done then do it myself though. Anybody else have this in there oil the first time you checked it i broke it in fine never went above 4k and just like the manual said i hope this isnt something bad?

When you DO get to where you want to use Royal Purple ..
Here in SC it is carried at O'Reilly's and Pep Boys

Royal Purple Dealer Search

Socrates: "I drank .. wat?"
my Blog: etraxx.coml

- a Klansman is a Nazi in sheets clothing -
#5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Enthusiast Member

Quote:

I changed my oil around 2800 also and went to Royal Purple.
On Royal Purple's web site they sugest that you NOT change to thier synthetic before 2K. No need to wait much longer. There was a time when some would suggest a break in period, but with the machining of parts today, a breakin period is not needed. I have had no problems and I am at 9K. No oil consumption at this point. I also change my oil evey 3K even though I use syn oil. Call it a waist if you like, but it makes me feel more comfortable and I am willing to spend the extra for that comfort.

#6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 10:57 PM

I bought my car used and the first thing I did was change all my fluids. (18-20k miles) As mention Pep Boys carries RP.

'03 HRE 350Z TT Sold
'12 Forgeline G37S Daily
#7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
cool thanks guys yall ill be switching next time around. just went reg. oil this time. i hear ya ill prob still change mine every 3k just for comfort call it crazy but im anal about my cars.

#8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to 2003FittyZ
I work at Pep Boys and we stock it there all the time, and a pretty good variety on weights.

*Eclipse in dash touch screen DVD/Navigation *Compu-Star remote/Alarm with keyless entry, remote start, trunk pop, and power windows control *20% tint *FairladyZ rear emblem *Z Carbon Fiber side emblems *AEM Cold Air intake *Nismo License plate frame *Nismo Shoulder pads *Nismo Oil cap *Nismo Radiator cap *UTEC Headlight Eyelids *Headlight Armor Smoke Tint *Nismo Valve stem caps *Nismo Graphics *20th Anniv. Nismo graphics *Nismo Wheel Decals *FairladyZ Clear front marker lights *Muteki Red tumer lugs *MSR 19x8.5 and 19x10 silver wheels with chrome lip *Nitto NeoGen 245-35 and 275-35 tires *GReddy urethane front lip *EB Test Pipes *EB Y-pipe *Topspeed Pro 1 Cat-back *B&G Springs
#9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Performance Member

[quote]
I changed my oil around 2800 also and went to Royal Purple.
On Royal Purple's web site they sugest that you NOT change to thier synthetic before 2K. No need to wait much longer. There was a time when some would suggest a break in period, but with the machining of parts today, a breakin period is not needed. I have had no problems and I am at 9K. No oil consumption at this point. I also change my oil evey 3K even though I use syn oil. Call it a waist if you like, but it makes me feel more comfortable and I am willing to spend the extra for that comfort.
[/quote

+1, I do the same.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

moved to the appropriate section

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement