User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 05:36 AM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Already took the car to the dealer and they said they could not find a problem with my ac.

originally i went to barstow so my daughter could visit her mom who is in drug rehab.

it was hot andthe ac stopped working. it was clicking on and off. on the way back on the freeway it worked fine.

after i dropped my daughter and her mother off for the night at a relatives house i was driving down the street and it was not working untill i got back onto the freeway. it was 112F outside.

car works for another week with out problems but i take it to the dealer anyway and they evacuate and recharge the system.

semms like its working great yesterday since i got it.

well its 110F and its happening all the way to walmart on the street.

when i get there i hear the compressor clicking on and off and the engine reving up and down.

i pop the hood and i can see the compressor clutch enaging and disengaging once every second.

i turn the car off and go inside the walmart cause my daughter is complaining it's hot.

we leave 30 min later and it's still not working untill about half way home. it's 109F outside now and halfway home the ac is literally freezing my ass off it's feels like the freezer door wide open with the air blowing on my face. it felt GOOD! so if this darn ac compressor would make up its mind i would be happy.

anyone else have these problems.

dangit i should have filmed it all with my camera phone.

i have 24k on my Z and would very much like this replaced before the warranty runs out. i mean i had a few problems like axle clicking and front camber wear that was actually aligned. way out of alignment.

but the motor and tranny have been very reliable. just the mass airflow sensor acting up but i cleaned it with a spray cleaner that leaves no residue. actually my buddy at work told me he learned that trick on a ford mustang forum. yeah he has a mustang but his trick worked.

as soon as this ac gets fixed and the dealer replaces my wheels cause they ruined them with degreaser( all i have to do is make an appointment) i will be set.

so lastly any one have problems with there ac and what was the fix if so.

i could swear i heard a buzzing sound from the ac compressor as i was driving but when i parked...... well you read it above.

any feed back would greatly be appreciated.

Varis duct, K&N drop in , Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Megan Headers, Megan Y pipe, Stock H.I.D. conversion, Topspeed A-arms w/adjustable camber, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis sways (front stiffest rear middle). Stern Beast ST1 19 inch staggered wheels , Falken FK-452 Rubber. Whiteline urethane bushings
Next temporary mod is resonated test pipes with the stock y-pipe.
Next year Stillen supercharger stage 2 kit---order stage 3 pulley separately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
hmm could be a faulty switch, loose wire, or something along those lines. Those clutches are magnetically driven, so i cant see the clutch itself as the problem

AIM: jbass350z

#3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
BUMP!

Thanks Josh

Anyone else?

When the Dealer fixes it i will post the fix.

Varis duct, K&N drop in , Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Megan Headers, Megan Y pipe, Stock H.I.D. conversion, Topspeed A-arms w/adjustable camber, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis sways (front stiffest rear middle). Stern Beast ST1 19 inch staggered wheels , Falken FK-452 Rubber. Whiteline urethane bushings
Next temporary mod is resonated test pipes with the stock y-pipe.
Next year Stillen supercharger stage 2 kit---order stage 3 pulley separately.
#4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to rmistry7 Send a message via Yahoo to rmistry7
Have the dealer check the pressure on the system. The clutch is usually activated by a pressure switch. If pressure too high, clutch will disengage until it lowers. I had something similar happen to my on 1994 Mitsu Diamante that I owned. The dealer accidently put in too much R134A refrigerant. On not so hot days, it worked find, but as soon as the temp was over 100, it acted up exactly how you described. The pressure in the AC system increases with the outside temp, that would explain why it will run fine on cooler days and acts up on hotter days. I dont know if this can be the actual problem, it sure sounds similar to something experience, besides, its easy for them to check the pressure/charge on the system.

-Rajan
#5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 04:50 AM
Base Member

Quote:
we leave 30 min later and it's still not working untill about half way home. it's 109F outside now and halfway home the ac is literally freezing my ass off it's feels like the freezer door wide open with the air blowing on my face. it felt GOOD! so if this darn ac compressor would make up its mind i would be happy.
maybe the reason why the ac does not work because of the wiring problem or because of there was something that stock up the ac..

Last edited by krisha; 04-04-2011 at 09:20 PM.
#6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Performance Member

The A/C clutch on my truck turns on and off because the relay box is bad. If I push down on the relay the A/C will blow out cold air.
#7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Grand Touring Member

My AC clutch makes an annoying jingling noise at idle when it's not engaged. :(

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
#8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 AM
Performance Member

^ I know what you mean. Happens on a lot of cars.
#9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Grand Touring Member

It drives me crazy! The car idles like a dream and is dead silent except for the "cat with a bell on it's collar stuck in the radiator fan" jingling sound coming from the AC clutch!

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement