LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to iwantz06
(Thread Starter)
Well my dad and co-worker both say my pressure is whacked and I have no clue what-so-ever. On the gauge on the dash after the car warms up, 2006 6spd by the way, the oil psi is below the 30 mark. When shifting at only 4-4.5k it goes up to around the 90 mark. Shifting gears slowly in town it drops to 30 and goes to around the 60 mark between 2-3k.

Sorry if this is completely newb but I've had 2 people tell me my pressure should be more flat leveled. I have 800 miles and it is a 2006 base model, although I'm sure that makes no difference. And any suggestions if it does seem abnormal, it seems to drive fine but I really don't know what 'fine' is since I've never previously owned one. Should I change my oil at 1k and see if there may be a problem (if there is one! lol). Checked my oil at work and it was at the 'H'. Thanks for any imput and if this is completely retarded I apologise and you can flame me for it :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Performance Member

In my experience with my 05 AT, it is more of a level oil pressure than what you have described. I am not sure if this is because I have an AT, but I doubt that could be it. I have never really seen great fluctuation in my oil pressure outside of 80-110 PSI under normal driving conditions. I will be driving more later today, and I will be sure to take note.

I would let more experienced and knowledgeable Z drivers answer your question directly, since I am just your average Z driver. But, I cannot say that I recall oil pressure sitting that low very much in mine.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Grand Touring Member

This is completely normal. Mine does the same thing, and all stock 350Zs should act similarly.

<span style="font-family:Palatino Linotype">2003 Performance Silverstone 350Z
AEM CAI
Amsoil 0W-30
Pure Adrenaline
Hotchkis TVS Kit
Rogue Short Shifter
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
BFG G-Force TA KDW2
Crawford High Flow Cats
APS 2.5" True Dual Exhaust
EVOstyle Chrome/Amber Turn Signal Bulbs F&R
Valentine 1 Mounted on Custom Rear-View Mirror Bracket
Custom Dark Red Leather Seats, Armrests, and Shifter Boot - Compliments of Leatherseats.com
3M Clear Bra Covering: Entire Front, A-Pillars, Side Rear-View Mirrors, front roof top, and Front of Rear Wheel Wells

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5806/z3ny.jpg
#4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Performance Member

Send a message via AIM to tonylittell Send a message via MSN to tonylittell Send a message via Yahoo to tonylittell
Quote:
Well my dad and co-worker both say my pressure is whacked and I have no clue what-so-ever. On the gauge on the dash after the car warms up, 2006 6spd by the way, the oil psi is below the 30 mark. When shifting at only 4-4.5k it goes up to around the 90 mark. Shifting gears slowly in town it drops to 30 and goes to around the 60 mark between 2-3k.

Sorry if this is completely newb but I've had 2 people tell me my pressure should be more flat leveled. I have 800 miles and it is a 2006 base model, although I'm sure that makes no difference. And any suggestions if it does seem abnormal, it seems to drive fine but I really don't know what 'fine' is since I've never previously owned one. Should I change my oil at 1k and see if there may be a problem (if there is one! lol). Checked my oil at work and it was at the 'H'. Thanks for any imput and if this is completely retarded I apologise and you can flame me for it :D

well your dad and co worker dont know anything about oil pressure. under throttle it wll be higher than off the throttle. and when cold it will be higher than warm... its normal

#5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
Is there any opinion on the lowest or highest it would go under normal conditions?

They were both like "I'd call your dealer and get a new car, that's not normal. I bet they left something in the oil when they built the motor." I thought it was driving beautifly so I was like WTF? Thanks guys, was getting a bit worried for a second.
#6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Is there any opinion on the lowest or highest it would go under normal conditions?

They were both like "I'd call your dealer and get a new car, that's not normal. I bet they left something in the oil when they built the motor." I thought it was driving beautifly so I was like WTF? Thanks guys, was getting a bit worried for a second.
Not sure on the type of personalities your adad and his friend possess, but I hope they were joking with you. What you described is compeltely normal. Go back to enjoying your Z, all is well from the oil pressure department.

<span style="font-family:Palatino Linotype">2003 Performance Silverstone 350Z
AEM CAI
Amsoil 0W-30
Pure Adrenaline
Hotchkis TVS Kit
Rogue Short Shifter
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
BFG G-Force TA KDW2
Crawford High Flow Cats
APS 2.5" True Dual Exhaust
EVOstyle Chrome/Amber Turn Signal Bulbs F&R
Valentine 1 Mounted on Custom Rear-View Mirror Bracket
Custom Dark Red Leather Seats, Armrests, and Shifter Boot - Compliments of Leatherseats.com
3M Clear Bra Covering: Entire Front, A-Pillars, Side Rear-View Mirrors, front roof top, and Front of Rear Wheel Wells

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5806/z3ny.jpg
#7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Performance Member

As a suppliment to my earlier post, I monitored my oil pressure today under normal driving conditions. Idle is at about 30-40 PSI. 35 MPH (cruise control on) was about 60 PSI. 40 MPH was at about 80-90 PSI depending on rev range. All is well with the oil pressure. Your inquiry actually made me look closely at what mine stood at....Essentially, everything is fine.
#8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to buzam
this is one of those posts that i alway wanted to post but usually forget about by the time I sit down. My 6MT acts the same, except it runs up past 90 when started and needs to warm up!

皮特 My Wiki Page Most people will listen to your unreasonable demands, if you'll consider their unacceptable offer.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...X/HPIM1318.jpg
2003 Touring PPW 6MT (RIP) - 1993 300ZX 2+2 Glacier 5MT
#9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Not sure on the type of personalities your adad and his friend possess, but I hope they were joking with you. What you described is compeltely normal. Go back to enjoying your Z, all is well from the oil pressure department.

+1

___TUNING CONCEPT, JAPAN PREMIER
#10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks all! LOL so kind too! Thought I was going to get flammed hard if all was OK.

Back to driving my baby!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement