Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums - View Single Post - Did I Buy Someone Else's Problem?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
DarkSilverFairladyZ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Did I Buy Someone Else's Problem?

I want to start out by saying, I have no clue how to work on cars and I do not have any friends that know how to either which sucks. I went and drove 6 hours yesterday to another state for a test drive and to pick up my 350z with 110,000 miles. The car has a clean car fax and is completely stock besides sexy black rims with deep dish. I test drove the car and everything was legit, no check engine light, drove perfect. I purchased the Z and drove it next door to a gas station to fill her up for the long drive home, all of a sudden the car turned on and I went to pull out of the gas station pump and hit the gas with no throttle what so ever. I called the guy back immediately and told him to come over. This guy didn't seem shady at all and I didn't get a bad vibe or I wouldn't have purchased the car. He came over with his mechanic and told me to keep TRACTION CONTROL OFF because of the 20" tires on the back, it throws off the calibration and throws the car into Limp Mode. It kept doing it and I was starting to get irritated. He insisted the car has been great and offered me my money back. The car had the check engine light on along with SLIP and the TRACTION CONTROL OFF. I had to end up paying to get it shipped and now it sits here. I don't know what to do. I call Nissan and they all sound like they have no clue what the heck I'm talking about. I don't know what else to do. This car is beautiful and it just sits in my garage. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone.

Last edited by DarkSilverFairladyZ; 03-16-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Replace with
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome