Satellite Pre-wiring? - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
heres the sirius receiver installed in place under the trunk box and the the antenna magnetically stuck on the strut bar. took it for a few test drives and works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1589.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	42318   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1588.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	42319  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 09:16 PM

Hi Folks! I just purchased an '07 Roadster with Bose and I was wanting to hook up Sirius as well. Can anyone tell me before I start pulling panels what and where I need to purchase to get this to work for me? Is the Roadster pre wired? ANY info you could provide would be VERY helpful!!

Thanks,

jfire
#13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Base Member

Good job, jerryp. Has anyone had any experience trying to install Sat radio in a non-bose system? Before I go aftermarket, I was wondering is if it's even possible?
#14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 03:12 AM
Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Good job, jerryp. Has anyone had any experience trying to install Sat radio in a non-bose system? Before I go aftermarket, I was wondering is if it's even possible?

Call the folks at mynissanparts.com and they can probably tell you everything you need to know. I think it's possible but you have to buy another plug-in converter or something like that.
#15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Base Member

I have a 2004 Touring model with the Bose 6 cd and cassette. I found the N-BUS harness in the passenger side truck area by the spare tire. It has a 12 point plug. When I called Trophy Nissan to check on the tuner, they advised that it should be a 16 point plug to fit into the tunner.

My question is, does the N-BUS extender harness go from a 12 point plug on one end to a 16 point plug on the other? or does my 12 point plug just not work. Nissan shows N-BUS extender harness as part # 999U9-EP000 but I cant find a picture of one to look any closer.

Any help would be appreciated.
Rich
#16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Base Member

Well I went ahead and ordered the N-BUS sub harness #99U9-EP000 thru Dealerfit.com. It arrived yesterday and I discovered that it has a B-106 (12 point plug) on one end and a A-16 (16 point plug) on the other end. So it appears that it will work in my 2004 Touring model.

I have ordered the Sirius Tuner #999U9-NV004 from Dealerfit along with a Sirius Antenna # 999U9-VQ007 and a LPA Antenna Cover #999U9-ZQ000. Hopefully when it comes in, I will be able to install it and it should work.

I found really good informatioin on this at nissanhelp.com in the forums under satellite radio. It has a Nissan satellite radio installation instuctions booklet that is 11 pages long and describes exact installation along with all part numbers and related information.

Hope this helps someone else and keeps them from looking as hard as I have been for the information.

See ya
Rich
#17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
that is good information to know.

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
#18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Base Member

Well the tuner and antenna arrived in the FedEx truck today as expected. Boxes were in good shape and contained exactly what I had ordered from Dealerfit.com. I took the trunk apart again following the directions which I had recieved regarding the 2003-2004 model from nissanhelp.com. Its a good source to check for info. Its a little unnerving to pop apart the plastic and I didnt get all the plugs back in where they came from, as they came from under the trim someplace. Anyway I ended up installing the antenna inside the car, on the Z strut that goes across the back of the trunk. I put it on the right side of the car where it can "see" upward thru the rear glass. The plug was where its supposed to be on the right side and I pluged the N-BUS harness into it, then into the tuner. The antenna pluged into a splitter and the splitter plugs into the tuner. I put all the plastic back and "waalaa" there was music. If your a little older like me, the sound of the Bose system and speakers is just fine, and now I can listen to the 60's on channel 6 with no problems. Now when you turn on the radio and punch the radio button, it goes from AM, FM1, FM2, SR1, SR2. That gives me 12 spots to program for the Sirius radio. Test drive shows no problems with antenna mounted on the rear strut. The antenna I used was the big sirius antenna that should have been mounted on the roof , and was too big to put under the plastic molding like someone else had. I have photos if anyone is interested along with the download of the directions from nissanhelp.com. The only draw back to the deal was the cost of the tuner. I bought the 999U9-NV0004 tuner but think now that I could have saved about $100 by buying the newer model tuner from trophynissan.com. Its got a different part number but must be the same thing.
See ya
Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement