LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Uprev tuning info

Hello everyone, this is my first time working with engine programing. So I really am not sure what I"m getting into. I've done basic modding and stuff, so I wanted to start somewhere fresh with this car.

What kind of gains with basic mods?

How easy is it?

Should I invest in a back up ecu; just in case shit happens?

Are there any better tune companies out there?

Hope these questions aren't too green, thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would get an UpRev Osiris tune once you are done adding performance parts. If you add bolt-ons, you will run really lean. An Osiris tune will correct this making it safer for your car and optimizing all of your mods to work together and make the most power. I have basic mods and an Osiris tune which netted me about 35 hp over stock on my DE. The tune alone added about 9 hp and 12 lb-ft of torque. I have an intake, plenum spacer, high flow cats, and a true dual catback exhaust. You could see more with the Rev-up or HR motors.

You don't need to buy a back up ECU. UpRev simply modifies the ECU's software so you don't need to worry about that causing a hardware failure.

It is very easy, you just need to locate an UpRev tuner in your area and they will do the rest on their dyno.

There are other options too, like Cobb and Turbo XS UTEC. I don't know much about these though.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
#3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Base Member

hey if yr looking for a turbo xs I have one and used it Im willing to sell it cheaper. Its great piggyback that goes well with future turbos or superchargers. Look up the info on it. Too much to write about

#4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Thank you for the replies. Redline; I appreciate the offer but I am not yet ready to make a purchase. I checked out Cobb, but they have discontinued the 350z; so they are out of the question.

IDRM; you mentioned something about Revup and HR motors. I'm assuming these are built engines you are referring to?

Does anyone in the NY area know of an UPREV location? All great information, tyvm for the help.
#5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Q. View Post
IDRM; you mentioned something about Revup and HR motors. I'm assuming these are built engines you are referring to?

Does anyone in the NY area know of an UPREV location? All great information, tyvm for the help.
No, the Rev-Up and HR versions of the VQ35 are improvements that Nissan made to the engine as time went on. More or less, the regular VQ35DE was in the 03-05s (287 HP), the VQ35DE Rev-Up (300 HP) was in the 6MT '06s, and the VQ35HR (306 HP) was in all of the '07+ cars.

Here is the UpRev tuners list:

UpRev - Engine Management

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
#6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Man, I feel dumb I went through that website and totally missed those tabs.... Sweet thing is Smithtown, NY is right down the road from me; so I guess I'm a bit lucky there. I have the DE motor, so blissfully I will be happy to see the higher gains. Thank you for all the info, I think that covers just about all my questions.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Base Member

Tuning wot is simple, the car goes into open loop mode. This means it runs off of exactly what you program, so you just adjust until a/f ratio is where you like it and add timing until your knock sensor doesn't think its cool.

For closed loop mode(cruise, idle) you want to watch fuel trims and basically fallow what they tell you, if your fuel trim is adding 10% fuel somewhere its because your o2 tells the ecu its 10% leaner than it likes, so you at 10% fuel and go from there.

Objects in the mirror are loosing

2003 350z: Carrillo rods, cp pistons, darton mid sleeves, arp main studs, billet main girdle, arp l19 head studs, bc valve train/cams, revup oil pump, coolant bypass mod, twin billet 58mm turbos, custom intercooler, turbo scavanger oil pump, 3 walbro 255hp pumps, precision 1600cc injectors, haltech platinum ecu, haltech boost controller, haltech 5 bar map, kinetixs smim, aps dual 3" exhaust, alcohol inj, bfg drag radials, innovate wideband, autometer boost.

1996 Talon TSI AWD: Eagle crankshaft, Eagle H-beam rods, Wiesco pistons, ARP rod main and head fasteners, Mitsubishi MLS head gasket, Brian Crower 280 cams, Forced Performance dual valve springs and titanium retainers, Ferrea valves guides and keepers, HKS Timing belt, DSMLink, coil on plug ignition, Garrett GT3582R turbo, DNP tubular manifold, 4" exhaust, ACT 2900 clutch, GVR4 first gear, 4 spyder center diff, Mitsubishi limited slip rear diff, innovate wideband, Garrett large core intercooler, Hallman boost controller(35 psi), Bosch 044 fuel pump, 8-an fuel feed line, 6-an fuel return line, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, 1150 cc injectors, jmfab race sheet metal intake, 3.5" throttle body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement