Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Time for more BOOST!

37K views 158 replies 11 participants last post by  Robert_K 
#1 · (Edited)
Fellow Gearheads;

The time has come... for more BOOST! Looks like right after Christmas I will be placing the order to start building my long block. Kyle over at Import Parts Pro in Spring will be doing the engine assembly. The Z will be headed to PowerFab off of 1960 after the first of the year for installation and tuning. Hopefully I'll be seeing 600+whp by March. Below you can find "The List." Hope everyone is doing well and has a GREAT Christmas!

~Robert

IPP Custom Stage 3 Long Block:
~~ Cosworth Rods, CP 8.5:1 Pistons w/ Ceramic/Moly coating on the piston tops & skirts
~~ ACL Trust Washers, Main & Rod Bearings
~~ ARP Main Studs & Rod Bolts, L19 Head Studs
~~ ATI Street Damper Crank Pulley
~~ Heads Redecked, Ported Intake/Exhaust Runners, 5-Angle Radius Cut Valve Job
~~ JWT C2 {261* w/ .456 (11.58mm) lift Intake & Exhaust} Cams
~~ JWT Heavy Duty Springs & Shims
~~ Viton Valve Seals
~~ OEM Gasket kit with Cometic Head gaskets
~~ OEM VQ35 "Rev-Up" Oil Pump
~~ OEM VQ35 Pathfinder Rear Cooling By-Pass
~~ Nismo Low Temp Thermostat
~~ Z Speed Performance Aluminum Undershroud

Fuel:
~ CJM Stage 2 Return Fuel System w/ Blue Billet Fuel Rails
~~ Aeromotive 340lph In-Tank Fuel Pump
~~ Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors

EMS:
~ HalTech Plug-In Pro ECU Replacement EMS
~~ HalTech Boost Control Solenoid
~~ HalTech Dual Wideband Kit w/ 2 Sensors
~~ Dual Wideband Gauge

Drivetrain:
~ Nissan CD009 (2004+) 6sp Transmission
~~ Carbonetic Twin Disc Carbon Clutch w/ Carbon/Steel Flywheel
~~ Quaife Helical LSD
~~ SPL Solid Diff Bushings

Exhaust:
~ Greddy RS Cat-Back Exhaust
~ PowerFab 3" PolyDyn Coated Downpipes
~ PolyDyn Coated Manifolds & Turbine Housings

Suspension:
~ Tein Comfort Sport Coilovers w/ EDFC

Wheels & Tires:
~ HRE P43SC in Satin Black
~~ 19x9.5 +20 & 19x11 +25
~ Toyo R888 (Still Researching)
~~ 265/30-19 & 305/30-19

Interior/Exterior:
~ Sparco Harness Bar
~ Tommy Karia Shift Knob
~ '06+ Bi-HID Headlights
~~ Custom painted by LightWerkz

See less See more
#4 ·
running Deatchwerks 600s…the current problem is the idle is all over the map (0rpm to 1700rpm). the Haltech is fighting the OEM computer for idle control. The mechanic & I have a few tricks up our sleeves but right now it's being looked at.

What FI do you have - I think I remember you having greddy twins?

What's your turn-around date for getting your block back / installed & tuned up?

#8 ·
I plan to do everything I do now with it. Daily*, shows, drag, HPDE, cruises, etc...

*I plan on buying a second car due to wife & I are trying to have our first child. We lost one last month. :( But looking forward to coming home and trying again.

I was considering selling it for a GT-R or CTS-V. However I don't want to start over on car payment that high. Plus I know I couldn't leave them stock. So figured just finish the Z. 600whp+ is the goal.

#9 ·
Well good news and bad... Today I will be ordering the long block. :) However I was informed that I can't take my R&R in March. No TX2K12... No Texas Mile... No celebrating my 10th Wedding Anniversary at home with my wife. :( Hopefully I'll be home in April now. Almost a full year from seeing the States. Any events in April?

#22 ·
OoOo...I need that so badly!!

Well the day sucked but tonight was great! Long block is ordered and paid in full!
Congrats!

Picked up a Sparco Harness Bar on sale. Been wanting one for several years and just got around to getting one.

Looks good man!

No... 3rd gear is gone and no one available to drive it.

Glad to hear you got the idle issue fixed! Can't wait to get home and drive mine!

Sounds like your 2012 is starting off well (new parts, not the non-drivable part).

#14 ·
I thought about getting one of those but I don't track the car enough to justify it. Plus my wife drives the car and would find it annoying.

#18 ·
Oh boy... A flatbed is never good... Unless youre immobile bc your block is at ipp?

Speaking of, we just finished trouble shooting the Haltech & the inconsistent idle...there was an issue w/the wire harness - the positive and negative wires were switched. They were fixed, a dual wideband o2 sensor & module was installed and a retune was done - seems to be running strong.

The output seems to be about the same from 1000rpms to 3000rpms but at 4000rpms you can really feel the power increase. I love having the jwt c2 cam setup!

#20 ·
I am not a fan of the sparco bar, I think it is way more showy then a practical harness bar. I always liked the one that went down to the child seat bolts on the back. BCR or something.

I drew this concept up, but never had the time to get it past the concept stages.

#26 ·
So apparently the Greddy Racing Ti-C exhaust is discontinued as well. So I've opted for the Greddy RS exhaust. Same 70mm piping and looks like same canisters. Only different is the exhaust tips are not burnt titanium. Which, to be honest, I prefer.

#27 ·
Talked to PowerFab yesterday. Was told the following was ordered and the engine would be pulled this week.

~ Greddy Exhaust
~ Carbonetic clutch & flywheel
~ Quaife diff
~ CJM fuel return w/ rails
~ ID 1000cc injectors

#29 ·
Little update:

So the Greddy exhaust & Quaife made it in. Engine work has begun. Waiting for some pictures to be sent. I'll be ordering the following on Friday;

~ Nissan CD009 6sp transmission
~ IPP Chromoly Pivot Ball
~ Nismo Roller Bearing
~ Haltech Platinum 350Z/G35 Pro Plug-In
~ Haltech Dual Channel Wideband Controller
~ Haltech Boost Control Solenoid
~ Haltech Air Temp Sensor

#30 ·
Little update:

So the Greddy exhaust & Quaife made it in. Engine work has begun. Waiting for some pictures to be sent. I'll be ordering the following on Friday;

~ Nissan CD009 6sp transmission
~ IPP Chromoly Pivot Ball
~ Nismo Roller Bearing
~ Haltech Platinum 350Z/G35 Pro Plug-In
~ Haltech Dual Channel Wideband Controller
~ Haltech Boost Control Solenoid
~ Haltech Air Temp Sensor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.