Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

06 Z in progress

69K views 261 replies 11 participants last post by  M1NT2B 
#1 ·
I got my car in May and could have sworn I created a thread but apparently didn't

It has gone through a huge metamorphosis here is where it sits now:

MREV 2

Engine compartment bling with engrish!

MREV@ & spacer in! Gains are big and immediate!!!!!!!!

TB Coolant delete too!

Exhaust is in!

It is LOUD AS FOOK!

This will quiet it down.

Tail and a few moar of the exhaust.

See less See more
#2 ·

The 896 is in. I liked the old interface better. The new NAV is nice though.

The icons scroll (with difficulty) right to left, they used to be in three rows of three, I preferred that.

Bought these on eBay from Peoria Nissan picked it up while I waited for my oil change/oil consumption test.

This was here via UPS when I got home:

Shifter is in, It's perfect & I love it!

No new noise, shifts are precise and perfect, and a bonus is a grind I had into 6th is gone!!!!!!!!

My mechanic got it in in under 30 minutes, he was impressed by the construction and asked me to let him know how I liked it as right now the only one he can recommend is the Nismo and it has flaws.

I give it an A+!

Here are a few new pictures with today's addition.

Clutch parts are here, go in Thursday.

SS slave line and pivot ball came earlier. Waiting for the slave cylinder rebuild, pilot bearing and rear main seal from Nissan, comes Monday.

88mm stroker crank, makes 3.8l with stock bore. I am going .20 over

#3 ·

#8 ·
Heard that.

#5 ·
Thanks!

Progress is on hold 0waiting for special order pistons from JE & head gasdkets from Coemtic.

I also need cam help. I can't decide which to get.

#6 ·
So how long have you had the short throw shifter? I've been reading about that one and was tempted to get it.

Also, I like what you've done with your engine mods. :clap:

#7 ·
It's been about two months. It is perfect.

Thanks

#9 ·
Thanks!

#10 ·
These came yesterday:

:woot:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RODS & PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the piston datasheet. The specs were dictated by Brian Crower for the crank.

#12 ·
She has to inspect everything that comes into the house.

Frequently that tires her out so she plops down near the boxes she has "cleared"

#13 ·
Thermal intake plenum gaskets & solid motor mounts are here, another holiday UPS does not take!

#14 ·
Hoses!

#15 ·
HEADGASKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to believe that's 250.

#16 ·
Cooling day apparently!

I thought the Z had 6 cylinders.

Guess Amazon knows better!

#19 ·
The sixth shipped yesterday.

Computerized fulfillment glitch I suppose.

#20 ·

Sixth plug came today. Guess it was a trouble maker, needed to be kept separated!

#21 ·
CAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& the solid trans mount came too!

Now if my freaking mechanic would respond to a text or answer his phone.............

#23 ·
No seeing as the $ never makes it that far. :p

#25 ·
The engine needs a bunch of machine shop work I am not able to do.

The rotating assembly needs to be balanced, the block needs to be bored, the crank needs to be fit to the block, the +1mm valves need to be installed and on & on.

I'm a backyard mechanic and I know where my abilities end.

#27 ·
Are you sticking with the Uprev? I see on the other site that you're looking for 320whp. I'd be very impressed if you could get more from the HR motor with all those mods. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

#28 ·
I am certain it will give 300 above that is a hope.

It is at 272 now and I think 48hp is a reasonable hope from a 3.9l with 11.0.1 with larger valves and a full port on the heads & intake plenums.

#30 ·
It's an Az car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.